Website usage terms and conditions
The term ‘Lucy Wagtail’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose place of trading is Unit 3, 7A Canal Road, Inverness, IV3 8NF. Lucy Wagtail is the trading name of Irene Massey, a sole trader whose home address is Bracadale, Upper Knockbain Road, Dingwall, Ross-shire, IV15 9NR. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- To see our most popular sources of business.
Where PVC backing has been used in Lucy Wagtail lampshades, this has been tested for fire resistance to comply with BS EN 60598-1-2008, the British Standard for Luminaries. Our PVC material has been tested in the Lighting Association Laboratories and has passed the glow wire test. Fabrics, Textiles or Paper that is laminated to our PVC will become fire resistant.
We also offer an eco friendly board option for lining of our lampshades. Where this is used, a fire retardant spray is also used on the exterior fabric in accordance with advice from Trading Standards.
Please use low energy bulbs with our products.
You may be contacted by a third party, independent organisation in relation to reviewing your shopping experience with Lucy Wagtail. While we would love to hear your feedback so that we can improve on our customer care and our product offering, leaving a review is not mandatory but we thank you in advance should you wish to do so. Your review will greatly help our small business grow!
If you continue to browse and use this website, you are consenting to be contacted by such independent third parties as aforementioned.
Right to cancel
You have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of fourteen days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have cancelled the contract.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- for the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
- for the supply of good made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
Orders are generally ready for dispatch within 3 – 5 working days. Please allow extra time around busy periods such as Christmas.
Orders are dispatched by 2nd or 1st class Royal Mail depending on your choice at checkout. Larger parcels may also be sent using courier or Parcelforce. The delivery of parcels is tracked and parcels may require a signature on delivery.
In accordance with estimated transit times quoted by Royal Mail, 2nd class parcels transit in 2-3 working days and 1st class the following working day. Please select the correct shipping option when placing your order.
International parcels are sent through Royal Mail Tracked or by Courier, depending on the size of the parcel.
We try to minimise the use of plastics in our shipping and most of the materials can be re-used or recycled, on occasion we may use plastic bubble wrap for void packing, this will usually be re-used from packaging materials that we have received in our own deliveries.
All our products are handmade by the team at Lucy Wagtail and are made to order. Occasionally, we may have items ready to ship. While we are willing to accept returns and exchanges, I’m afraid anything that has custom features or has been customised are non-returnable and non-refundable and cannot be returned unless faulty.
If you are in any doubt as to colour matching, please order a swatch. While we do accept returns, a swatch prior to ordering will minimise the return of items simply because of colour. The customer is responsible for the return shipping unless the return is due to a fault on our part. Any shipping for a replacement in these circumstances will also be the responsibility of the customer.
We reserve the right to charge for any fabric or material swatches ordered.
Please contact us within 14 days of receiving your order. Refunds or exchanges are only processed after receipt and inspection. If the reason for return is anything other than because it is faulty, the item must be received in a re-saleable condition.
When returning please be sure to use a tracked service. If returning from outside the UK – the word RETURN must be marked on the parcel – if you fail to do this any customs or duty charged will be deducted from any refund amount.
All items must be returned in the original packaging.
If you wish to return an item please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders will not be processed for a refund or exchange without prior discussion and approval.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Scotland.